LEARN TO SAVE LIVES
2017 Lifeguard Class
all classes are full or have already passed. to find out when the next class is please call the ymca
Participants must be at least 15 years of age and pass the qualification swim test.
Qualification Swim Test:
- 300 yard continuous swim: 100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breaststroke and 100 yards either or mixed.
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-lb. object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
COURSE FEE: $285 Members and Non-Members
- Attendance is required at every class
- CPR-PR, AED, O2 and First Aid training included
- Register at the Y's front desk
MAY SESSION: (Registration begins February 1st)
Prerequisite Date: May 8th
Class Dates: May 12th, 13th, 16th, 17th, 18th
May 8th: 5:15pm-6:15pm
May 12th, 16th, 17th, 18th: 5:00pm-9:30pm
May 13th: 9:00am-5:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact Melynda Henderson, Director of Aquatics at 474-5245 or Melynda.Henderson@MyYNow.org.