This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Lifeguard will ensure safety in YMCA pools and aquatics areas to all members, guests, and program participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates and enforces aquatics rules and guidelines to insure a safe environment in all aquatics areas by eliminating unsafe practices and physical hazards.
- Properly opens, performs daily tasks, and closes aquatics area each day in accordance with the Tom A. Finch Community YMCA Daily Procedures.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants.
- Maintains a clean, safe, fully stocked, and well organized work area.
- Handles and resolves aquatics concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Adheres to the YMCA and Aquatics Department Dress Code while at the YMCA.
- Remains on duty until relieved; never reads, visit with friends or other Lifeguards, never leaves pool area unattended, or enters pool office while on duty.
- Maintains readings of pool temperature and water chemistry.
- Knows and follows correct emergency procedures and fills out incident reports; administers proper first aid and carries out those emergency procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Works without constant direct supervision and remains at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Attends mandatory meetings and in-service trainings.
- Sets a good example in promptness, respect, manners, honesty, and caring for all members, program participants, and guests and shows character values that are in line with the values of the YMCA.
- Reports to work on time.
- Maintains current required certifications.
- Assumes other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Director of Aquatics.